Sunday, December 30, 2007

ComixMix Digs SNAKED

Over at ComicMix, Glenn Hauman gives us a big thumbs up for SNAKED #1

Clifford's stories have often been dark and mean and nasty and this is no exception. [Snaked] hints at, in no particular order, violence, politics, mayhem, cannibalism, September 11, the Bush Administration, the Clinton legacy, and prison rape. Rufus Dayglo's art reminds one of collages compiled from lunatics' sketches with crayons drawn on newspaper clippings of murder and corruption trials... Snaked is a brutal piece of work. But if you're looking to dispense with plastered on holiday smiles, this book is the comics equivalent of listening to speed metal to get Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer out of your head. And that's a good thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I put it on my pull list, but based on what both you and Glenn have said about it I'm not sure I'll be able to read it. :)

CLIFFORD METH said...

Elayne! Stop! I specifically request that you DON'T read it. You will find SNAKED deeply offensive. If it's already too late and you've paid for it, keep the copy until I see you next and I'll swap you for a Millie The Model.