Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Meth, Colan & Other Theologians

Aardwolf Publishing will be publishing Meth, Colan & Other Theologians, the proceeds of which will go directly and immediately to Gene and Adrienne Colan. The new book will include everything that was in Perverts, Pedophiles & Other Theologians (the short-fiction collection Gene and I did together for Aardwolf in 1997) plus two never-before-published stories (one-co-written with Gene). Foreword by Mark Evanier (as well as the original introduction by the late Steve Gerber). This will be a limited edition (aprox. 100 pages) of only 500 copies, all signed and numbered. You can order it NOW by using PayPal to send $20 plus $3 shipping to: sales@aardwolfpublishing.com

7 comments:

Unknown said...

if only i had payapl

Craig said...

When is this being published/released?

CLIFFORD METH said...

I believe it will be in the July Diamond Previews for books shipping in September.

Anonymous said...

nice post

The Eulogizer said...

I'm just learning about Gene Colan as I click through the various links and items I have found - such as this. Why? My name is Alan Abbey, and I am the author of The Eulogizer, a daily obituraries column on Jewish Telegraphic Agency's website, (jta.org) which is also syndicated to Jewish newspapers. So, I saw the NY Times obit and have continued to do research, as my pieces don't simply link to others; plus, I look for Jewish tidbits - if there are any - to the people I write about. No, they don't have to be active/observant/professional or even involved Jews to get into the column.

Anyway, I was a comics fan as a kid growing up in Brooklyn in the '60s, but I haven't followed the scene much in recent years. So, Gene's work is new to me - and it is quite amazing.

I now live in Jerusalem, Israel, where there is a small (at least so far as I know) alt-komix kulture.

Kirk G said...

I'm not certain Gene was jewish. I've never heard anything with regard to this. Certainly, a majority of the old school Bullpen were, but Gentleman Gene?

CLIFFORD METH said...

KIRK G -- Gene said he was Jewish. He said it to me, to his wife… I never checked his bona fides but I'm fairly certain he was Jewish.