Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Little Help for Paty Cockrum, Please


Paty Cockrum's shattered leg has kept her hospitalized since Sunday. She will be released tomorrow but forced to spend several weeks in rehab. This ain't cheap. Her health insurance covers the lion's share of these costs, but her out-of-pocket is high.

If you're still a collector of back issues, now is the PERFECT time to buy some comics from the Dave Cockrum Estate. These were Dave's personal comics and file copies. Prices are already fair but click here, pick a handful and make me an offer I can't refuse. After all, it's the giving season. As every season should be.

1 comment:

Mike P said...

She is such a great lady. I was fortunate enough to work with her on the ONE TO GO anthology (with Cliff too) jointly published by Aardwolf and Schism Comics. She was a joy to work with and speak with on the phone.

I STRONGLY recommend buying some of Dave's great books! Much cheaper and easier to obtain than his original art, yet still part of his life and a great way to own some of comics history--while helping the great woman behind the great man.

Paty will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers and I will spread the word around on FB, Twitter and my Yahoo groups!


Best,
Mike