Monday, July 13, 2009

Hacked at Facebook

Susan Ellison phoned this morning to ask if I was in a London hotel, stuck with neither credit cards nor cash. "Not I," I assured her. "Then you've been hacked, dear," said Susan.

Some troll was IM'ing people from FaceBook using my name, trying to beat them out of a few bucks. Thanks to Brian Siano for the quick catch, and to Faisal Qureshi, Rick Wyatt and Matt Forbeck for also bringing the matter to my attention and helping resolve it.

Facebook has removed my page. Not sure if I'll bother to put it back up. Wasn't good for much anyway.

In my paranoia, I imagined that this might have something to do with someone in San Diego or Lawrence who might be stupid enough to pull my tail for telling little white truths. In their paranoia, they should understand that if they start this, there will be no rules.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Cliff, thats a pretty low thing to do to you. If there's anything we can do, let us know

Brian Siano said...

Thanks for the shout-out, but I'm actually embarassed that I brought Faisal into it _before_ I'd considered that it might be a scam. Glad to have helped, anyway.