Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Misunderstanding...Now Understood

The artist James Romberger is like the rest of us: He has no time to absorb the deluge of pop culture news. Thus, a complete misunderstanding occurred between us regarding Helen Thomas. He writes this morning:
Okay, I see that Thomas said something really stupid. I don't think Israel is right about everything they do but saying Jews should go back to Germany is fucked up. I couldn't find what she had done that you were hating her for until now. I had thought she was one of the good guys because Bush hated her so much.

Meanwhile you didn't make any of this clear in your post, you just went on calling her ugly... So I jumped the gun. I do think you could be more specific in your postings so us people who avoid reading the miserable news can figure out what you are talking about, and maybe set your sights a bit higher.

best,

James Romberger

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Gotta give credit where credit is due. I applaud James for standing up to the plate and saying i was wrong.

Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them. Aristotle

Mike P said...

James is not only a reasonable guy, he's a helluvan artist. (I was fortunate enough to have my work appear with his in a Gene Colan tribute.)

It ain't easy to admit one has erred, especially on the Internet where cowardice usually rules. Nice to see such an exception.

Thanks, James!

Best,
Mike

Christian LeBlanc said...

I'm just glad I know why everyone was hating so much on this old woman I'd never heard of. Mystery solved!