Sunday, July 4, 2010

Capt. America #601 Original Art for Sale... Bids coming in strong

I've been collecting original comic art for 35 years (back when you could get a primo John or Sal Buscema page for $10, and a John Byrne sketch for $5). Among my favorite pieces are the historical ones I've managed to gather, including one of John Romita's early design sketches of Mary Jane Watson (a gift from John to Paty Cockrum, and from Paty to me) and a Bill Everett Sub-Mariner page from issue #61 (Everett's last). I had a page from Giant-Size X-Men #1, once, but foolishly let it go.

I don't plan to spend my entire 4th of July doing this, but I've had a fair number of blind bids on Gene Colan's original art for Captain America #601 that's now available. This is a great chance to own some comics history and great art. Click here to see eveything.

No comments: