Monday, May 26, 2014

Harlan Ellison At 80 Is...

…still the guy I turn to in a pinch, still the finest writer many of you have never read because of the evanescent nature of popular culture (so hop to it!), and still the finest writer *I* have ever read after a half century of plodding about on this planet reading everything.

…the man who said, "The chief commodity a writer has to sell is his courage. And if he has none, he is more than a coward. He is a sell-out and a fink and a heretic, because writing is a holy chore."

...a singular force of nature, the consummate bar raiser, Kryptonite to the forces of Bullshit, and my friend.

All love and respect on your 80th birthday, sensei.

Cliff

1 comment:

Steven Roman said...

I posted my Harlan tale today: http://www.starwarpconcepts.com/happy-birthday-harlan-ellison